Note: I will be able to continue work on chesstree.net on December 2017.
- UI rework. The interface is a bit confusing
- Expanding the opening statistics database
- I’m looking into using data from ~170 million blitz games from FICS games. The current database is tiny compared to this.
- Computer analysis for positions
Other requested features that I will be doing at some point:
- Handling transpositions
- More mobile-friendly site
- Tweaks to the usability of the tree
- Button to pan to current position in the tree
- A way to shrink/collapse long branches in the tree
- Changing the coloring scheme so that distinguishing your own openings from other data is easier
- Way to open multiple branches simultaneously
Further in the future
- Connecting chesstree.net with a chess server, so that you can import your games directly for analysis
30 Aug 2016 – Lines to tree nodes are now cones. Color scale takes ties into account.
30 Aug 2016 – Button for replaying last 4 moves.
30 Aug 2016 – Panning is now more dynamic and less buggy.
4 Aug 2016 – Bugfix: Default opening names no longer get saved with custom trees